Trying to locate 10 more missing files: Steel Ministry to Coal Ministry
New Delhi: The Steel Ministry has communicated to the Coal Ministry that it is trying to locate 10 more files with regard to coal blocks allocations, amid controversy over missing files pertaining to mines allotment.
"Out of the list of 157 missing files, 74 pertains to the Steel Ministry. The CBI has directly taken 18 files from the Steel Ministry out of the list of 74. The Steel Ministry has conveyed it to the Coal Ministry that it has located 46 files and is trying to locate 10 more files," a source privy to the development said.
However, the Coal Ministry has asked from the Steel Ministry in writing about the 46 files which have been located by them, the source added.
The source further said that 20 missing cases pertains to Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) which has communicated it to the Coal Ministry that it would not be able to locate the documents.
The Coal Ministry had yesterday said that it is in the process of locating the documents.
The Coal Ministry under the Chairmanship of Coal Secretary SK Srivastava had yesterday reviewed the efforts being made to locate the documents mentioned in the lists sent by CBI.
The meeting was attended by senior officials of the ministries of coal, steel and power, among others.
The issue of missing files snowballed into a controversy in Parliament even as the Supreme Court directed the CBI to furnish a comprehensive list of documents/files/information that are yet to be received from the government.
Slamming the Centre for not lodging FIRs on the missing files, the apex court had on August 29 given two weeks to the government to make available the requisitioned documents, a list of which has been given by the CBI to the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town