Tsunami looks unlikely, don’t panic: Cabinet Secy
New Delhi: Union Cabinet secretary Ajit Kumar Seth on Wednesday said that Tsunami looks unlikely and there is no need to panic.
Talking to reporters Seth said, “India is fully prepared to tackle Tsunami”.
Seth said that that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has issued instructions and wanted all precautionary measures to be taken.
The Cabinet secretary said that he has discussed the matter with all chief secretaries of costal states.
He said that the fishermen don’t need to panic and they need to stay away from sea.
India on Wednesday issued tsunami alert for its coastal regions, including the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, following a massive 8.7 earthquake in Indonesia.
Strong tremors were also felt across India, including in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and parts of Northeast India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune