Tsunami looks unlikely, don’t panic: Cabinet Secy
New Delhi: Union Cabinet secretary Ajit Kumar Seth on Wednesday said that Tsunami looks unlikely and there is no need to panic.
Talking to reporters Seth said, “India is fully prepared to tackle Tsunami”.
Seth said that that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has issued instructions and wanted all precautionary measures to be taken.
The Cabinet secretary said that he has discussed the matter with all chief secretaries of costal states.
He said that the fishermen don’t need to panic and they need to stay away from sea.
India on Wednesday issued tsunami alert for its coastal regions, including the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, following a massive 8.7 earthquake in Indonesia.
Strong tremors were also felt across India, including in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and parts of Northeast India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says