Tsunami looks unlikely, don’t panic: Cabinet Secy
New Delhi: Union Cabinet secretary Ajit Kumar Seth on Wednesday said that Tsunami looks unlikely and there is no need to panic.
Talking to reporters Seth said, “India is fully prepared to tackle Tsunami”.
Seth said that that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has issued instructions and wanted all precautionary measures to be taken.
The Cabinet secretary said that he has discussed the matter with all chief secretaries of costal states.
He said that the fishermen don’t need to panic and they need to stay away from sea.
India on Wednesday issued tsunami alert for its coastal regions, including the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, following a massive 8.7 earthquake in Indonesia.
Strong tremors were also felt across India, including in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and parts of Northeast India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy