Tulsi Prajapati case: Arrest warrant against Vanzara, Dinesh
Banaskantha: A local court in Danta taluka
here today issued arrest warrants against two IPS officers D G
Vanzara and Dinesh M N, in connection with the Tulsi Prajapati
encounter case of 2006.
Vanzara from Gujarat cadre and Dinesh of Rajasthan
cadre are currently behind bars for the fake encounter of
Sobrabuddin Sheikh and alleged killing of his wife Kausar Bi
in November 2005.
Judicial Magistrate at Danta S S Joshi today issued
warrants for the arrest of Vanzara and Dinesh based on
application of state CID probing the killing of Prajapati, who
was considered to be a key witness in Sohrabuddin fake
Following today`s order, the CID is likely to take
custody of the two officials from the Sabarmati Central Jail
in Ahmedabad where they are lodged, and produce them in Danta
court hearing the Prajapati case.
Prajapati was killed in an encounter near Chapri
village near Ambaji in Banaskantha district when he tried to
escape from custody while being shifted from Rajasthan to
Gujarat in December 2006.
Seven policemen including an IPS officer Vipul Agarwal
who was SP Banaskantha in 2006, have been arrested by the CID
allegedly for criminal conspiracy and murder of Prajapati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview