Tulsi Prajapati case: Arrest warrant against Vanzara, Dinesh
Banaskantha: A local court in Danta taluka
here today issued arrest warrants against two IPS officers D G
Vanzara and Dinesh M N, in connection with the Tulsi Prajapati
encounter case of 2006.
Vanzara from Gujarat cadre and Dinesh of Rajasthan
cadre are currently behind bars for the fake encounter of
Sobrabuddin Sheikh and alleged killing of his wife Kausar Bi
in November 2005.
Judicial Magistrate at Danta S S Joshi today issued
warrants for the arrest of Vanzara and Dinesh based on
application of state CID probing the killing of Prajapati, who
was considered to be a key witness in Sohrabuddin fake
Following today`s order, the CID is likely to take
custody of the two officials from the Sabarmati Central Jail
in Ahmedabad where they are lodged, and produce them in Danta
court hearing the Prajapati case.
Prajapati was killed in an encounter near Chapri
village near Ambaji in Banaskantha district when he tried to
escape from custody while being shifted from Rajasthan to
Gujarat in December 2006.
Seven policemen including an IPS officer Vipul Agarwal
who was SP Banaskantha in 2006, have been arrested by the CID
allegedly for criminal conspiracy and murder of Prajapati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report