Tunda chargesheeted in 1994 explosives recovery case
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Tuesday filed a chargesheet in a court here against Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda in connection with a case pertaining to the 1994 recovery of explosive substances.
The chargesheet was filed before Additional Sessions Judge Bharat Parashar. The court has listed the matter for Wednesday.
According to court sources, Tunda has been named in the chargesheet under the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act (TADA) and the Explosive Substances Act.
Police had earlier taken Tunda in its custody to quiz him in connection with the case. Tunda was declared a proclaimed offender in the case of recovery of explosive substances registered at south Delhi`s Malviya Nagar police station in 1994.
Police also said some accused were arrested Jan 17, 1994 and 150 kg explosives and six daggers were recovered from them.
According to police, Tunda is involved in 33 bomb blasts in India between 1994 and 1998, with 22 of those in Delhi.
The police arrested Tunda from the Banbasa area of Uttarakhand near the Indo-Nepal border on Aug 16, 2013. Tunda, however, has claimed the Delhi Police did not arrest him in India but picked him up in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest