Turf war between Dikshit, Kumar ‘shameful’: Brinda
New Delhi: CPI(M) politburo member Brinda Karat on Wednesday termed the "turf war" between Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar as "shameful and condemnable" and asked the union government to take appropriate action against them.
"It is shameful and condemnable that the CM of Delhi and the Police Commissioner should fight a turf war at the bedside of a critically ill rape survivor," Karat told a news agency.
She said that because of the "utter callousness" of these individuals, the young woman had recorded her statement not once, not twice but three times, forcing her to recall repeatedly the brutal violence she was subjected to.
"Who will take the responsibility for the impact it may have on her fragile health. The central government should take appropriate action," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?