Turf war between Dikshit, Kumar ‘shameful’: Brinda
New Delhi: CPI(M) politburo member Brinda Karat on Wednesday termed the "turf war" between Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar as "shameful and condemnable" and asked the union government to take appropriate action against them.
"It is shameful and condemnable that the CM of Delhi and the Police Commissioner should fight a turf war at the bedside of a critically ill rape survivor," Karat told a news agency.
She said that because of the "utter callousness" of these individuals, the young woman had recorded her statement not once, not twice but three times, forcing her to recall repeatedly the brutal violence she was subjected to.
"Who will take the responsibility for the impact it may have on her fragile health. The central government should take appropriate action," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway