Turf war between Dikshit, Kumar ‘shameful’: Brinda
New Delhi: CPI(M) politburo member Brinda Karat on Wednesday termed the "turf war" between Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar as "shameful and condemnable" and asked the union government to take appropriate action against them.
"It is shameful and condemnable that the CM of Delhi and the Police Commissioner should fight a turf war at the bedside of a critically ill rape survivor," Karat told a news agency.
She said that because of the "utter callousness" of these individuals, the young woman had recorded her statement not once, not twice but three times, forcing her to recall repeatedly the brutal violence she was subjected to.
"Who will take the responsibility for the impact it may have on her fragile health. The central government should take appropriate action," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Virender Sehwag predicted Virat Kohli's 12th ton before we all knew it!
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty