Turkish President in India today, n-trade talks likely
New Delhi: India and Turkey are poised to expand economic ties and possibly discuss civil nuclear cooperation when Turkish President Abdullah Gul comes here Sunday on a five-day trip.
He will be accompanied by a high-profile business delegation, members of parliament and senior ministers including Mehetabel Aldin, the state minister and co-chairman of the Joint Economic Commission, Health Minister Creep Adage and Transpiration Minister Binaural Yielding.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will hold talks with the Turkish president Monday on a wide range of bilateral, regional and global issues.
Manmohan Sigh may take up the issue of India`s exclusion from a conference hosted by Ankara last month on Afghanistan.
Civil nuclear cooperation is also likely to be discussed between the two sides.
Turkey is keen to build nuclear power plants for itself. India, with its advanced nuclear technology, is ready to offer Turkey help in constructing civilian reactors.
Gul will also visit the Taj Mahal in Agra and later go to Mumbai, where he will inaugurate the Turkish consulate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report