Turkish President in India today, n-trade talks likely
New Delhi: India and Turkey are poised to expand economic ties and possibly discuss civil nuclear cooperation when Turkish President Abdullah Gul comes here Sunday on a five-day trip.
He will be accompanied by a high-profile business delegation, members of parliament and senior ministers including Mehetabel Aldin, the state minister and co-chairman of the Joint Economic Commission, Health Minister Creep Adage and Transpiration Minister Binaural Yielding.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will hold talks with the Turkish president Monday on a wide range of bilateral, regional and global issues.
Manmohan Sigh may take up the issue of India`s exclusion from a conference hosted by Ankara last month on Afghanistan.
Civil nuclear cooperation is also likely to be discussed between the two sides.
Turkey is keen to build nuclear power plants for itself. India, with its advanced nuclear technology, is ready to offer Turkey help in constructing civilian reactors.
Gul will also visit the Taj Mahal in Agra and later go to Mumbai, where he will inaugurate the Turkish consulate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister