Turkish President in India today, n-trade talks likely
New Delhi: India and Turkey are poised to expand economic ties and possibly discuss civil nuclear cooperation when Turkish President Abdullah Gul comes here Sunday on a five-day trip.
He will be accompanied by a high-profile business delegation, members of parliament and senior ministers including Mehetabel Aldin, the state minister and co-chairman of the Joint Economic Commission, Health Minister Creep Adage and Transpiration Minister Binaural Yielding.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will hold talks with the Turkish president Monday on a wide range of bilateral, regional and global issues.
Manmohan Sigh may take up the issue of India`s exclusion from a conference hosted by Ankara last month on Afghanistan.
Civil nuclear cooperation is also likely to be discussed between the two sides.
Turkey is keen to build nuclear power plants for itself. India, with its advanced nuclear technology, is ready to offer Turkey help in constructing civilian reactors.
Gul will also visit the Taj Mahal in Agra and later go to Mumbai, where he will inaugurate the Turkish consulate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened