Turkish President in India today, n-trade talks likely
New Delhi: India and Turkey are poised to expand economic ties and possibly discuss civil nuclear cooperation when Turkish President Abdullah Gul comes here Sunday on a five-day trip.
He will be accompanied by a high-profile business delegation, members of parliament and senior ministers including Mehetabel Aldin, the state minister and co-chairman of the Joint Economic Commission, Health Minister Creep Adage and Transpiration Minister Binaural Yielding.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will hold talks with the Turkish president Monday on a wide range of bilateral, regional and global issues.
Manmohan Sigh may take up the issue of India`s exclusion from a conference hosted by Ankara last month on Afghanistan.
Civil nuclear cooperation is also likely to be discussed between the two sides.
Turkey is keen to build nuclear power plants for itself. India, with its advanced nuclear technology, is ready to offer Turkey help in constructing civilian reactors.
Gul will also visit the Taj Mahal in Agra and later go to Mumbai, where he will inaugurate the Turkish consulate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Banks checking loan applicant's capacity to repay on Facebook, LinkedIn
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks