Twenty-five Gulf Indians to join Anna Hazare fast
Dubai: Ahead of the proposed August 16
fast against corruption by social activist Anna Hazare, a
group of Indians based in Dubai has decided to join it.
The 25-member group, led by Advocate KK Sharachandra
Bose, a leading social worker here, will be joining the
protest fast on Tuesday.
"We Indians abroad fully back Anna and his team in
introducing a stronger Lokpal bill.
Everybody cannot join the fast, so a group of 25 will
carry with us the goodwill, emotional support, and spirit of
patriotism of all NRIs as we believe that only an effective
Lokpal bill will lead India in the right direction," Bose
Bose, who is a Partner at Dar al Adalah Advocates and
Legal Consultants in Dubai, said corruption at political level
in India is very bad and we have decided to support the
"The group includes Indians from UAE, Bahrain and other
GCC countries, who will participate in the campaign for four
days. We have used the social networking sites to come
together," Bose was quoted by Emirates 24/7 as saying.
He said he has been fighting many corruption cases,
including the issues in some of the Indian professional
organisations in the UAE.
He also conducted a media briefing about the group`s
participation in Anna Hazare movement.
NRIs have been showing great interest in the anti-
corruption movement in India, by actively participating in the
discussions and forming support groups on social networking
sites like Facebook, Twitter and other Internet forums.
Special Pages for Anna Hazare on Facebook are attracting
several thousand members who are actively discussing the
campaign against corruption and many members are sharing a
list of Swiss Bank account holding Indian politicians and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks