Twenty four Indian fishermen detained by Pak
Vadodara: The Pakistani Marine Security Agency (PMSA) has arrested 24 Indian fishermen and seized six boats for allegedly illegally straying into the country`s waters.
"I received this report from my counterpart in the Pakistan Fish Forum in Karachi this evening," National Fish Forum secretary Manish Lodhari told a news agency here tonight.
The fishermen were detained by PMSA during routine patrolling yesterday, Lodhari said.
PMSA has since released released one boat and several fishermen are on their way back and likely to reach Okha in the state tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre