Two AI flights make emergency landings
Kozhikode: Two Air India flights with 254 passengers on board made emergency landings at Kozhikode and Chennai airports respectively after suffering a bird hit and oil leakage, airport sources said.
The Dubai-bound AI 937 flight with 148 passengers and six crew landed at Karipur International Airport near Kozhikode soon after take off following a bird hit,while the Kochi bound flight from Chennai with 106 passengers and five crew returned to that city after its pilot detected oil leakage, they said.
Soon after take off from Kozhikode at 10 AM,a bird hit the right engine of the Airbus A-321 aircraft, bending its blades under the impact.
The flight, with a full fuel load, dumped fuel into the sea and returned within 40 minutes. All passengers and crew were accommodated in nearby hotels, the sources said.
The Kochi bound flight made an emergency landing in Chennai about one hour after its pilot detected oil leakage.
Soon after take off at 10.20 AM, the pilot reported an oil leakage, following which security personnel were alerted for an emergency landing.
After taking precautionary measures, the flight landed safely at 11.10 AM, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad