Two Air India pilots suspended
New Delhi: Two pilots of an Air India flight, which landed at Mumbai airport last Friday without air traffic control (ATC) clearance, have been suspended.
"Pending the enquiry, the Air India management had suspended both the pilot and the co-pilot. They will not fly again till they come clean," a senior airline official said.
He said if they are found guilty, then further action would be taken against them.
Air India flight AI-944 from Abu Dhabi had reportedly landed at the Mumbai airport on Friday morning without the requisite clearance from the ATC.
Also, within 60 nautical miles of landing, the aircraft had changed its communication frequency, allegedly flouting laid-down procedures.
The aircraft and controllers communicate on different frequencies depending on the flight`s descending height and every communication is recorded and saved.
The aircraft can land only after getting a definite clearance from the ATC, which in this case had not allegedly happened.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation had then ordered derostering of the pilot and the co-pilot soon after the incident came to light.
It had also derostered the surface movement controller and tower controller of the Mumbai airport following a preliminary report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'