Two associates of BSP MLA accused in rape case, arrested
Lucknow: BSP MLA Purushottam Naresh Dwiwedi, who is accused of raping a minor Dalit girl in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district, is absconding while two of his aides have been arrested in connection with the case, officials said today.
"Rajendra Shukla and Surendra Neta, who are co-accused in the rape case of the minor girl were arrested in Banda district yesterday after an FIR was filed against them," they said.
However, the MLA and another aide and co-accused Ravan Garg are absconding and a search on to nab them.
A case of rape was registered against the BSP MLA from Naraini seat and his three aides and orders were issued for their arrest yesterday in connection with the alleged criminal assault on a teenaged dalit girl.
Soon after the state CB-CID submitted its preliminary report in the case, the Mayawati-led BSP government ordered registration of an FIR against the ruling party MLA and his three associates.
"On the directive of the Chief Minister, a case of rape has been registered against the MLA and his three aides," Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh had said yesterday.
Mayawati had also issued orders for immediate arrest of the legislator and three others, he had told reporters here.
The action followed soon after the CB-CID submitted its preliminary report which found Dwiwedi and his three aides prima facie guilty, Singh said.
The arrests could take place anytime as police teams have been dispatched to Banda and other places, he said.
The Cabinet Secretary, however, said the theft charge on which, the 17-year-old girl belonging to the backward community, was arrested was found to be true.
"But we are not giving clean chit to anyone including the policemen. Stern action will be taken against all those found guilty," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter