Two Bangladeshi nationals arrested along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Two Bangladeshi nationals were arrested when they were trying to cross over to Pakistan along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu district, BSF officials said here on Thursday.
During patrolling by the troops of 72 battalion of BSF, some movement was noticed near the International Border fencing in Staff-2 Border Out Post in Arnia belt of Jammu
district late last night, they said.
The troops challenged them and later the two were arrested while four others managed to escape they said.
The two arrested have been identified as 19-year-old Rafeeq and 25-year-old Majbeer, both from Bangladesh.
The duo told during investigations that they were going to Pakistan to earn money. The two had crossed over to West Bengal from Bangladesh early this month and later took a
train from there to reach Jammu.
Meanwhile, a woman crossed over to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir along the Line of Control from Poonch border district of Jammu and Kahsmir.
52-year-old Sharifa Bi, living in Bagyalpur area of the district, crossed over to PoK via a forward post along the LoC in Poonch district, officials said today.
A case has been registered by the police in this regard, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sacked AAP minister claims threat to his life from Kejriwal and his men
- Massive traffic jam brings Gurugram to a standstill
- Are Indian journalists sympathising with terrorists like Burhan Wani?
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh arrested in Bihar
- Mumbai: Man crushed to death after tree falls on car
- Germany legend Bastian Schweinsteiger retires from international football
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Sonakshi Sinha looks kickass in new 'Akira' POSTER! See inside
- FDI inflows jump 53% in last two years, says FM Jaitley
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director