Two Bangladeshi nationals arrested along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Two Bangladeshi nationals were arrested when they were trying to cross over to Pakistan along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu district, BSF officials said here on Thursday.
During patrolling by the troops of 72 battalion of BSF, some movement was noticed near the International Border fencing in Staff-2 Border Out Post in Arnia belt of Jammu
district late last night, they said.
The troops challenged them and later the two were arrested while four others managed to escape they said.
The two arrested have been identified as 19-year-old Rafeeq and 25-year-old Majbeer, both from Bangladesh.
The duo told during investigations that they were going to Pakistan to earn money. The two had crossed over to West Bengal from Bangladesh early this month and later took a
train from there to reach Jammu.
Meanwhile, a woman crossed over to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir along the Line of Control from Poonch border district of Jammu and Kahsmir.
52-year-old Sharifa Bi, living in Bagyalpur area of the district, crossed over to PoK via a forward post along the LoC in Poonch district, officials said today.
A case has been registered by the police in this regard, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan