Two Bangladeshis arrested in Karimganj
Karimganj: Two Bangladeshi nationals who
crossed over to the country through the Tripura border
were netted by police in south Assam`s Karimganj district on Saturday.
Official sources said the duo Burahnudddin (50) and
his son Lokman Hossai (30), hailing from Narasinghi in
Bangladesh, were arrested by government
railway police from the Karimganj railway station when they
arrived in a train from Nagaon today.
They confessed that they crossed the border in Tripura
last month and visited a relatives house in Nagaon.
Their interrogation is on, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video