Two Bangladeshis arrested in Karimganj
Karimganj: Two Bangladeshi nationals who
crossed over to the country through the Tripura border
were netted by police in south Assam`s Karimganj district on Saturday.
Official sources said the duo Burahnudddin (50) and
his son Lokman Hossai (30), hailing from Narasinghi in
Bangladesh, were arrested by government
railway police from the Karimganj railway station when they
arrived in a train from Nagaon today.
They confessed that they crossed the border in Tripura
last month and visited a relatives house in Nagaon.
Their interrogation is on, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes