Two BSF jawans killed in ambush, ultras flee to Bangladesh
Agartala: Two BSF jawans guarding the
ongoing border fencing work were today killed in an ambush by
suspected National Liberation Front of Tripura insurgents at
Ratiacherra, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district
A group of BSF jawans were patrolling on foot at
Ratiacherra village bordering Chittagong Hill Tract of
Bangladesh. They were providing security to a construction
company erecting barbed wire fencing when a group of ultras
suddenly opened fire at them, DIG, BSF, A K Singh said.
"The ultras also threw grenade at the jawans and
injured two of them. The jawans retaliated by opening fire and
the ultras fled to Bangladesh," he said.
The injured jawans, identified as Bajrangi and Arup
Das, succumbed to injuries on way to Agartala Medical College
Singh said it was suspected that some ultras were also
injured but it could not be immediately known.
BSF and Tripura State Rifles have launched a combing
operation in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi