Two BSF jawans killed in ambush, ultras flee to Bangladesh
Agartala: Two BSF jawans guarding the
ongoing border fencing work were today killed in an ambush by
suspected National Liberation Front of Tripura insurgents at
Ratiacherra, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district
A group of BSF jawans were patrolling on foot at
Ratiacherra village bordering Chittagong Hill Tract of
Bangladesh. They were providing security to a construction
company erecting barbed wire fencing when a group of ultras
suddenly opened fire at them, DIG, BSF, A K Singh said.
"The ultras also threw grenade at the jawans and
injured two of them. The jawans retaliated by opening fire and
the ultras fled to Bangladesh," he said.
The injured jawans, identified as Bajrangi and Arup
Das, succumbed to injuries on way to Agartala Medical College
Singh said it was suspected that some ultras were also
injured but it could not be immediately known.
BSF and Tripura State Rifles have launched a combing
operation in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview