Two close aides of ex-Army chief VK Singh shifted
New Delhi: DGMO Lt Gen AK Choudhary and Delhi Area chief Lt Gen VK Pillai, considered close to Gen VK Singh, have been moved out of the capital as part of a major reshuffle at the Lt Gen-rank by Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh.
While Lt Gen Pillai has already been posted to the Chennai-based ATNK&K Area, the proposal for moving Director General Military Operations Lt Gen Choudhary has been sent to Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) for final approval.
The developments took place in the last few days. DG Infantry, Lt Gen Vindo Bhatia is replacing Lt Gen Choudhary whereas Lt Gen S Mitra, GOC ATNK&K Area has replaced Lt Gen Pillai here.
Lt Gen Choudhary, considered close to Gen VK Singh, had been nominated by the then Army chief to head the Assam Rifles after the abrupt recall of Lt Gen Rameshwar Roy from there.
The move to remove Lt Gen Pillai came soon after the Army headquarters was informed about allegations that a large number of guests of a former Army Chief, who lives in the Delhi Cantt area, were being looked after by the Delhi Area.
In other key appointments, Lt Gen JS Bajwa, who served under Gen Bikram Singh at the Eastern Command, has taken over as the DG Infantry.
Lt Gen DS Hooda, who was posted in the Strategic Forces Command here, has taken over as the 16 Corps Commander replacing Lt Gen AS Nandal.
More changes are expected to take place in the near future at the Army Headquarters as Army Chief has the prerogative of having the men of his choice as his Principal Staff Officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read