Two couples from Thane go missing in Andaman boat tragedy
Thane: Two couples from here are feared dead in a boat tragedy at Andaman islands on Sunday, sources said here.
According to sources, these couples were among a group of Savarkarites from Mulund who went to the Andamans.
Sources said that Thane MLA Rajan Vichare is rushing to Andaman tomorrow by to bring back the body of Chandu Bhosekar and his wife who is feared dead in the mishap.
One more couple from here known as `the Vaidyas`, are also said to be missing in the boat tragedy, family sources said.
Meanwhile, Ajay Joshi, a close friend of Chandu Bhosekar and told PTI late tonight that the couple`s death was a great loss to him.
According to Joshi, BJP office bearers from Andaman have rushed to hospitals in the island, to assist the family.
Chandu`s brother Achyut Bhosekar is also on his way from Kolkata to get the couple`s body from Andaman.
These tourists who left Mumbai on January 24 were scheduled to return to Mumbai within a couple of days, sources said.
The Bhosekars leave behind a son and a daughter.
Chandu Bhosekar, who was a BJP functionary and studied in the Bedekar High School, was an active Rotarian as well as member of the Maharashtra Chamber of Housing Industry.
Bhosekar`s friend and former Deputy Mayor Milind Patankar condoled his death and said that they were friends since more than 20 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state