Two-day strike call to give a strong message: Yechury
Kolkata: Extending support to the two-day strike call given by all central trade unions of the country, CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Monday said the strike will sent out a strong message against the anti-people policies of the Centre.
"Earlier also we had given a one-day strike call against the policies of the Centre. But that strike call didn`t send a strong message to them," Yechury said.
"So now a two-day strike call has been given to deliver a stronger message," Yechury said on the sidelines of a programme here.
Trade unions CITU, INTUC, AITUC, BMS and Left-backed banking sector unions have jointly called the country-wide general strike opposing financial sector reforms and allowing FDI in retail on February 20 and 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda