Two-day strike call to give a strong message: Yechury
Kolkata: Extending support to the two-day strike call given by all central trade unions of the country, CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Monday said the strike will sent out a strong message against the anti-people policies of the Centre.
"Earlier also we had given a one-day strike call against the policies of the Centre. But that strike call didn`t send a strong message to them," Yechury said.
"So now a two-day strike call has been given to deliver a stronger message," Yechury said on the sidelines of a programme here.
Trade unions CITU, INTUC, AITUC, BMS and Left-backed banking sector unions have jointly called the country-wide general strike opposing financial sector reforms and allowing FDI in retail on February 20 and 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic