Two-day strike call to give a strong message: Yechury
Kolkata: Extending support to the two-day strike call given by all central trade unions of the country, CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Monday said the strike will sent out a strong message against the anti-people policies of the Centre.
"Earlier also we had given a one-day strike call against the policies of the Centre. But that strike call didn`t send a strong message to them," Yechury said.
"So now a two-day strike call has been given to deliver a stronger message," Yechury said on the sidelines of a programme here.
Trade unions CITU, INTUC, AITUC, BMS and Left-backed banking sector unions have jointly called the country-wide general strike opposing financial sector reforms and allowing FDI in retail on February 20 and 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you