Two doctors arrested in AIIMS paper leak case
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday arrested two doctors in connection with their role in the recent leaking of question papers of the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
The two doctors are believed to be part of a well-organised racket involved in leaking question papers of entrance examinations of leading institutions.
Delhi Police has fast-tracked its search against 15 others, who are said to be part of the high-profile racket and is likely to arrest more people soon.
Earlier, five youths, including a doctor and an MBBS student, were arrested for allegedly leaking post-graduate medical entrance test papers and helping some candidates by providing answers over mobile phone and Bluetooth.
The five accused were sent to seven days police custody by a Delhi court.
The police had said accused Mohit Chaudhury (23), a second year MBBS student of an Ujjain medical college, was the "kingpin" of the racket and conspired with other accused Amit (23), who was appearing for entrance test, two MBAs Kapil Kumar (27) and Krishan Pratap (27) and Bhishma Singh (27), a graduate who allegedly helped the gang in using computers.
The police said the accused were charging Rs 25-35 lakhs from candidates for leaking question papers and cracking the exam and their other accomplishes have to be arrested as well.
The accused were charging Rs 25-35 lakhs from candidates for leaking question papers and cracking the exam and their other accomplishes have to be arrested as well.
The police had claimed that the gang was very well organised. Two members of the gang used to go to the examination centre, scan the paper with their phones and send it to a control room.
People sitting in the control room used to solve the paper and give answers to other students who would be seated in other centres through phone.
The police told the court that the exam was conducted by AIIMS at 156 centres all over India and the hard copy of the question paper was recovered on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!