Two doctors arrested in AIIMS paper leak case
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday arrested two doctors in connection with their role in the recent leaking of question papers of the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
The two doctors are believed to be part of a well-organised racket involved in leaking question papers of entrance examinations of leading institutions.
Delhi Police has fast-tracked its search against 15 others, who are said to be part of the high-profile racket and is likely to arrest more people soon.
Earlier, five youths, including a doctor and an MBBS student, were arrested for allegedly leaking post-graduate medical entrance test papers and helping some candidates by providing answers over mobile phone and Bluetooth.
The five accused were sent to seven days police custody by a Delhi court.
The police had said accused Mohit Chaudhury (23), a second year MBBS student of an Ujjain medical college, was the "kingpin" of the racket and conspired with other accused Amit (23), who was appearing for entrance test, two MBAs Kapil Kumar (27) and Krishan Pratap (27) and Bhishma Singh (27), a graduate who allegedly helped the gang in using computers.
The police said the accused were charging Rs 25-35 lakhs from candidates for leaking question papers and cracking the exam and their other accomplishes have to be arrested as well.
The accused were charging Rs 25-35 lakhs from candidates for leaking question papers and cracking the exam and their other accomplishes have to be arrested as well.
The police had claimed that the gang was very well organised. Two members of the gang used to go to the examination centre, scan the paper with their phones and send it to a control room.
People sitting in the control room used to solve the paper and give answers to other students who would be seated in other centres through phone.
The police told the court that the exam was conducted by AIIMS at 156 centres all over India and the hard copy of the question paper was recovered on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi