Two Dutch tourists raped, robbed in India
New Delhi: Two Dutch women tourists were
allegedly raped several times in last five months by two men
posing as tourist guides who also robbed them of their money,
police said Saturday.
One of the accused, identified as Yasir Altaf, has been
arrested in this connection while efforts are being made to
arrest his associate, identified as Omar Baktoo, on the
basis of a complaint lodged by one of the victims at Connaught
Place police station, a senior police officer said.
According to police, the two Dutch women were on a world
tour and had arrived here to visit various places in India on
They fell in the trap of Altaf and Baktoo, who posed
themselves as tourist guides working for a government tourist
The duo, both residents of Kashmir, helped the Dutch
women in getting a SIM Card and offered them a package tour to
Kashmir on discounted rates when they met them at Connaught
Place the next day, he said.
They then took the women to an office in Karol Bagh here
where a person identified as Ali charged them an exorbitant
sum of money for what he said was a package tour of Kashmir,
Khajuraho, Rajasthan and other places in India, the officer
On January 8, the women went to Srinagar in Jammu and
Kashmir along with the duo and stayed in Baktoo`s houseboat
where the men seized their passports.
The victims in their complaint said when they reached
Gulmarg, they realised they had been cheated and demanded
their money back but the duo forced them to stay with them
threatening to put them in trouble.
Yasir and Baktoo allegedly raped the women several times
for next four days in the houseboat.
The duo brought the two women to Delhi and raped them
again in a hotel at Karol Bagh for nearly a week, the officer
"Complainant claimed that they were horrified and
succumbed to the men as their Passports were in their custody
and they were threatening them to put them in trouble," he
One of the victims claimed that Yasir took Rs 60,000 as
loan from her before taking them to Jaipur, Ranthambore and
other places later. "When they came back to Delhi in February,
she found her 200 Euros and Rs 25,000 cash stolen by them,"
the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert