Two fined for overtaking Advani`s convoy
Satara: Two men were fined on Thursday after they tried to overtake Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra convoy here, police said.
"There were traffic restrictions on the Pune-Satara road from where the convoy was passing. Near Nagothane village, two men in separate cars overtook Advani`s bus despite being signalled by the police to go slow," a police officer told a news agency.
He said they were rebuked for having broken traffic rules. "Finally, we let them off after they paid a fine of Rs 200 each," he said.
"On a normal day, regular overtaking is not a traffic offence. But they were fined as they purposely ignored the signal of the security deployed on the Pune-Satara road. What is the need to get adventurous unnecessarily?" he added.
Advani is on the Maharashtra leg of his Jan Chetna Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'