Two HC CJs elevated to Supreme Court
New Delhi: Two High Court Chief Justices, including of the Delhi High Court, were on Wednesday elevated to the Supreme Court, bringing the apexcourt`s working strength to 31 on par with its approved strength.
Justice Rajesh Kumar Agrawal, chief Justice of the Madras High Court, and Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana, Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court, will be Judges of the Supreme Court in that order of seniority, with effect from the date they assume charge of their office, a statement from the Law Ministry said here.
Pradesh and specialised in constitutional, criminal, service and inter-state river laws.Justice Ramana (56) practiced in the High Court of Andhra
He was appointed as a permanent Judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court on June 27, 2000. He functioned as Acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court from March 10, 2013 to May 20, 2013. He was elevated as the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court on September 2, 2013.
Justice Agrawal (61) was enrolled as an advocate in 1976. He was elevated as a Permanent judge in February, 1999 and became the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court in October, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016