Two held for making threatening calls to Varun Gandhi
Pilibhit: Two men have been arrested for making threatening calls to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Varun Gandhi, police said here Monday.
While Chandrapal, in his late 30s, was arrested from Pilibhit, Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency, another man named Dhirendra Kumar was nabbed from the neighbouring Shahjahanpur district.
"Both of them were arrested late Sunday on information provided by our surveillance units," Superintendent of Police Prem Gautam told reporters in Pilibhit, some 250 km from Lucknow.
According to police, an official of Gandhi`s office in Pilibhit had registered a complaint with the police that the MP was issued life threats on his mobile phone Jan 31.
Asked about the duo`s motive behind making threatening calls, Gautam said: "An enquiry is underway. As of now I can only tell that the two were once associated with the BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH