Two held for making threatening calls to Varun Gandhi
Pilibhit: Two men have been arrested for making threatening calls to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Varun Gandhi, police said here Monday.
While Chandrapal, in his late 30s, was arrested from Pilibhit, Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency, another man named Dhirendra Kumar was nabbed from the neighbouring Shahjahanpur district.
"Both of them were arrested late Sunday on information provided by our surveillance units," Superintendent of Police Prem Gautam told reporters in Pilibhit, some 250 km from Lucknow.
According to police, an official of Gandhi`s office in Pilibhit had registered a complaint with the police that the MP was issued life threats on his mobile phone Jan 31.
Asked about the duo`s motive behind making threatening calls, Gautam said: "An enquiry is underway. As of now I can only tell that the two were once associated with the BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof