Two Indian brothers murdered in Perth; Suspect arrested
Melbourne: Two Indian brothers were murdered
allegedly by a compatriot after a dispute over money in the
western Australian city of Perth on Friday.
The brothers, one aged 20 and the other 19, died after
being grievously injured in a fight over money and living
arrangements at a rented Crimea Street unit in Morley area,
where they were believed to have been staying with two others,
`Perth Now` reported.
Police have charged a 22-year-old Indian student with two
counts of murder. He will appear in East Perth Magistrates
The accused was taken to the Western Australia Police
detectives headquarters in Beaufort Street, Perth, where he
was interviewed by Major Crime Squad detectives. The victims
and the accused were not identified
Detective Inspector David Bryson, from the Major Crime
Squad, said one of the victims, the older brother, staggered
to the nearby St John Ambulance depot seeking medical help at
4 am local time and also alerted paramedics to his injured
"Police responded and found a deceased male (his
19-year-old brother) on the roadway," he said.
"The person who initially went to St John`s (ambulance
depot) was transferred to Royal Perth Hospital. He
subsequently died this morning," Bryson was quoted as saying.
He said police had "located a person of interest", who
was currently in custody. "At this stage, we have numerous
enquiries to complete."
"He (the suspect in custody) will be questioned about the
whole incident, what happened during the course of the
evening, obviously what he`s involved in and where he has been
since the time the person (younger brother) was found dead on
the street," Bryson said before the charges were laid.
Police did not say how the fatal injuries were inflicted
or if the brothers had been stabbed, according to the report.
Bryson said it would take detectives and forensic
investigators some time to examine the crime scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’