Two Indians charged with living off earnings of prostitutes
Singapore: Two Indian nationals have been charged with procuring four compatriot women to Singapore for prostitution and living off their earnings.
Balakrishnan Tamil Selvan, 28, and Kannaiya Ananthaprabu, 25, were believed to have committed the offences between February and April this year, reported the Channel News Asia today.
Balakrishnan is accused of procuring two of the women in February this year to work as prostitutes in Singapore.
The case would be heard again on April 29, according to the report.
The maximum penalty for procuring women to Singapore for prostitution is five years` jail and 10,000 Singapore dollar fine.
For living off the earnings of a prostitute, each man faces up to five years` jail and 10,000 Singapore dollar fine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!