Two Indians charged with living off earnings of prostitutes
Singapore: Two Indian nationals have been charged with procuring four compatriot women to Singapore for prostitution and living off their earnings.
Balakrishnan Tamil Selvan, 28, and Kannaiya Ananthaprabu, 25, were believed to have committed the offences between February and April this year, reported the Channel News Asia today.
Balakrishnan is accused of procuring two of the women in February this year to work as prostitutes in Singapore.
The case would be heard again on April 29, according to the report.
The maximum penalty for procuring women to Singapore for prostitution is five years` jail and 10,000 Singapore dollar fine.
For living off the earnings of a prostitute, each man faces up to five years` jail and 10,000 Singapore dollar fine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog