Two Japanese Maritime self-defence ships calls on
Kochi: Two Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force Ships (Japanese Defence Ship) Uraga- a Minelayer and JDS Hachijyo -a mine hunter, departed Kochi after a two day stop over here.
The ships, which entered Kochi on October 20, have returned after participating in a major minesweeping exercise off the coast of Bahrain in which 33 nations had participated.
Captain Yasuhiro Kawakami was embarked on board as the Senior Officer, a defence press release said here today.
Captain Kawakami accompanied by the Japanese Defence Attache Colonel Nobutaka Mikasa and the Commanding Officers of the visiting ships called on Rear Admiral G Ashok Kumar, Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed