Two Japanese Maritime self-defence ships calls on
Kochi: Two Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force Ships (Japanese Defence Ship) Uraga- a Minelayer and JDS Hachijyo -a mine hunter, departed Kochi after a two day stop over here.
The ships, which entered Kochi on October 20, have returned after participating in a major minesweeping exercise off the coast of Bahrain in which 33 nations had participated.
Captain Yasuhiro Kawakami was embarked on board as the Senior Officer, a defence press release said here today.
Captain Kawakami accompanied by the Japanese Defence Attache Colonel Nobutaka Mikasa and the Commanding Officers of the visiting ships called on Rear Admiral G Ashok Kumar, Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!