Two Japanese Maritime self-defence ships calls on
Kochi: Two Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force Ships (Japanese Defence Ship) Uraga- a Minelayer and JDS Hachijyo -a mine hunter, departed Kochi after a two day stop over here.
The ships, which entered Kochi on October 20, have returned after participating in a major minesweeping exercise off the coast of Bahrain in which 33 nations had participated.
Captain Yasuhiro Kawakami was embarked on board as the Senior Officer, a defence press release said here today.
Captain Kawakami accompanied by the Japanese Defence Attache Colonel Nobutaka Mikasa and the Commanding Officers of the visiting ships called on Rear Admiral G Ashok Kumar, Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley