Two Japanese Maritime self-defence ships calls on
Kochi: Two Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force Ships (Japanese Defence Ship) Uraga- a Minelayer and JDS Hachijyo -a mine hunter, departed Kochi after a two day stop over here.
The ships, which entered Kochi on October 20, have returned after participating in a major minesweeping exercise off the coast of Bahrain in which 33 nations had participated.
Captain Yasuhiro Kawakami was embarked on board as the Senior Officer, a defence press release said here today.
Captain Kawakami accompanied by the Japanese Defence Attache Colonel Nobutaka Mikasa and the Commanding Officers of the visiting ships called on Rear Admiral G Ashok Kumar, Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days