Two killed, 27 injured as Mangla Express derails near Nashik
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Mumbai: In a tragic incident ten bogies of Mangla Lakshadweep Express derailed at Ghoti Budruk in Nashik district of Maharashtra on Friday. Two people were killed and thirty seven injured in the unfortunate accident.
The accident took place around 6.30 am in the treacherous ghat sections of Nashik between Ghoti and Igatpuri stations on the Central Railway route.
The train was travelling from New Delhi to Ernakulam in Kerala.
Some reports also suggest that around twenty five people are trapped under the derailed coaches. The injured have been rushed to Ghoti rural hospital and private hospitals in Igatpuri and other towns, police said.
The injured have been rushed to Ghoti rural hospital and private hospitals in Igatpuri and other towns, police said.
The Central Railway has set up a helpline for anxious relatives and kin of the passengers to enquire about them, the official said, adding that a medical relief van has already reached Ghoti. Helpline numbers – Kalyan 0251-2311499, Igatpuri - 0255-3244020
The Mangala Lakshadweep is a superfast train of Southern Railway and runs between Hazrat Nizamuddin and Ernakulam Junction.
Following the mishap, rail-traffic on the up side was affected, forcing railway authorities to cancel various trains, including Manmad-Kurla-Godavari Express and Manmad-Mumbai Panchavati Express.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump