Two killed, 27 injured as Mangla Express derails near Nashik
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Mumbai: In a tragic incident ten bogies of Mangla Lakshadweep Express derailed at Ghoti Budruk in Nashik district of Maharashtra on Friday. Two people were killed and thirty seven injured in the unfortunate accident.
The accident took place around 6.30 am in the treacherous ghat sections of Nashik between Ghoti and Igatpuri stations on the Central Railway route.
The train was travelling from New Delhi to Ernakulam in Kerala.
Some reports also suggest that around twenty five people are trapped under the derailed coaches. The injured have been rushed to Ghoti rural hospital and private hospitals in Igatpuri and other towns, police said.
The injured have been rushed to Ghoti rural hospital and private hospitals in Igatpuri and other towns, police said.
The Central Railway has set up a helpline for anxious relatives and kin of the passengers to enquire about them, the official said, adding that a medical relief van has already reached Ghoti. Helpline numbers – Kalyan 0251-2311499, Igatpuri - 0255-3244020
The Mangala Lakshadweep is a superfast train of Southern Railway and runs between Hazrat Nizamuddin and Ernakulam Junction.
Following the mishap, rail-traffic on the up side was affected, forcing railway authorities to cancel various trains, including Manmad-Kurla-Godavari Express and Manmad-Mumbai Panchavati Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report