Two LeT men held in Maha questioned in Bangalore blasts: ATS
Mumbai: Nothing substantial was found
about the role of two alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operatives
in the Bangalore`s twin blasts after their questioning, the
Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) said today.
On Tuesday, the ATS arrested Mirza Himayat Baig (29),
who allegedly heads LeT`s operations in Maharashtra, from Pune
and his aide Shaikh Lalbaba Mohammed Hussain alias Bilal (27)
While Baig was held for the Pune blast, Shaikh, who
was constantly in touch with him and provided him logistical
support, was held under Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act,
the ATS said.
"We suspect the role of duo in Bangalore blasts as
well. We questioned them regarding these blasts too," a senior
ATS official said.
"But as of now, nothing substantial was found to link
them in these blasts. Our focus now is to know the operations
of the LeT and its network in the country," the official said.
Bangalore`s M Chinnaswamy Stadium was rocked by two
low intensity bomb blasts on April 17 just an hour before the
Indian Premier League (IPL) match between Mumbai Indians and
Royal Challengers of Bangalore was scheduled to start.
Eleven people were injured in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah