Two LeT militants killed in Kashmir
Jammu: A top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) commander
was among two militants shot dead by Army troops during an
encounter in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The two militants have been identified as most wanted
militant and top LeT Commander of Pir Panchal belt Ayaz Ahmed
Malik alais `Musa` and Farooq Ahmed Thakri alais Zulfikar
Nain, a senior Army officer said.
The troops recovered two AK-47 rifles, six magazines, 160
rounds, 10 Chinese grenades, a satellite phone, a mobile
phone, a pair of binoculars and a compass from their hideout
in Banihal area of Ramban district, he said.
Acting on information about the presence of a group of
top militants in the region, a team from the 22 Rastriya
Rifles cordoned off the area and launched the operation at
around 1 AM today, the Army officer of 16 Corps said.
The militants hurled grenades and opened indiscriminate
firing on the troops who fired back, resulting in a fierce
gunbattle which continued for several hours, he said.
Musa had escaped five encounters and was involved in two
dozen attacks on security forces, killing of SPOs and
informers and recruitment of youth in militancy since he
joined the LeT in 2001.
Nain was active in Shopian belt of south Kashmir and
shifted his base to south Pir Panchal area in 2008. He was the
self-styled Operation Chief of the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray