Two live bombs defused in Bodh Gaya: Home Minister
Solapur: Two live bombs were detected and defused by security agencies in and around the Mahabodhi temple complex in Bodh Gaya which was rocked by serial blasts on Sunday, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said.
He also said that separate teams from the National Security Guard (NSG) and the National Investigation Agency have been rushed to Bihar to probe the blasts.
"I just talked to the Home Secretary and he told me that a team of NSG and a team of NIA have been sent to the blast site to probe the incident in Gaya," he told reporters here.
Shinde said nine blasts took place inside and outside the temple while two live bombs were detected and defused by the authorities there.
"Four blasts took place inside the temple complex. Three blasts took place near the Karmapa monastery while one each happened near the Buddha statue and a tourist bus stand outside. Two live bombs were detected and defused at the site," he said.
Two monks were injured when low-intensity serial blasts rocked the world famous Buddhist pilgrimage town of Bodh Gaya.
The Mahabodhi Temple and the Bodhi tree, which are frequented by Buddhist pilgrims from Sri Lanka, China, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam, did not suffer any damage in the blasts which shook peace in the holy town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you