Two Maoists arrested after gunfight in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two Maoist guerrillas were arrested after a gunbattle in Jharkhand`s Palamau district Monday, police said.
The gun battle between police and Jharkhand Prastuti Committee (JPC), a Maoist front, took place near Chaudhasa village in Palamau, around 180 km from Ranchi.
JPC leader Girivar Chaudhary and another Maoist rebel, Vijay, were arrested. Two rifles, live cartridges and and some incriminating documents were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city