Two members quit Lok Sabha
New Delhi: Two members have resigned from their Lok Sabha seats.
Speaker Meira Kumar today announced that she has accepted the resignations of Independent member from Dausa (Rajasthan) Kirodi Lal Meena and BJP member from Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh) Yashodhara Raje Scindia.
While Scindia won the Assembly election from Shivpuri in MP, Meena won the Lalsot Assembly seat in Rajasthan in the recently held Assembly polls.
She informed the House that she has accepted their resignations with effect from December 19, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi