Two metro stations to remain shut in wake of Kejriwal`s sit-in
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal refuses to budge from his stance, unless his demands are met, it is the common Delhi commuter who will have to bear the brunt in form of transport woes.
With Kejriwal`s dharna entering second day today, more protesters are expected to join the sit-in today, adding to the trouble of `aam aadmi` as two metro stations -Udyog Bhawan and Central Secretariat - will remain shut even today from 6 am to 10 am.
Also, like yesterday, when huge traffic jams delayed the Delhiites`, the transport is likely to be hit today as well.
With just 5 days left before the Republic Day, the Delhi Police is going to face a herculean task managing the security as Kejriwal refuses to budge from the protest site.
Kejriwal plans to hold the dharna for 10 days until his demands are met.
Kejriwal, who had earlier told people not to come to the site of dharna, reverted his words and urged the Delhiites to join him outside the Rail Bhawan to step up the pressure on the Home Ministry.
Kejriwal has been demanding the immediate suspension of those policemen who had refused to comply with AAP ministers Somnath Bharti and Rakhi Birla.
The Home Ministry has however told the CM to wait for the inquiry report.
The Home Ministry has also rejected Kejriwal`s demand of bringing the Delhi Police under the charge of the Delhi government.
Meanwhile, Kejriwal`s obstinacy over holding the dharna prompted Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday night.
Before he met PM, the Home Minister had held a cabinet meeting to discuss ways to tackle the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’