Two militants arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A `self-styled commander` of
People`s United Liberation Front and his associate were
arrested here, police said Wednesday.
The arrested were identified as
Mohammed Abbas (31) and
his associate, Razzauddin (26).
Acting on a tip-off, the special cell of Delhi police
arrested the duo from near Nizamuddin flyover last night, they
Abbas, who is a commander of PULF, was staying in a
rented accommodation in Indira Vikas Colony of Mukherjee Nagar
along with Razzauddin, a senior police officer said.
"Abbas has so far been found to be involved in as many as
12 cases of murder. He is also suspected to have executed the
operations of PULF in Manipur. He is being interrogated for
further details," he said.
"Among 12 cases of murder, he was involved in the killing
of one India Reserve Battalion (IRB) personnel and two
Sarpanches in separate incident in Manipur," he added.
Abbas had allegedly been staying here since he fled from
Manipur after getting bail in a murder case in 2008.
"Abbas had made his base in Delhi. He used to visit
Manipur only to execute the nefarious operations of PULF and
come back here," the officer said.
About Razzauddin, the officer said, "it is still not
clear whether he is also a member of the Manipur`s militant
outfit. We are investigating."
The duo used to steal vehicle in the Capital and sell
them in Manipur after preparing their forged documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!