Two Pak fishing trawlers seized by BSF
Kutch: Two Pakistani fishing trawlers entering Indian waters through `disputed` Sir Creek have been seized by the Border Security Force (BSF), officials said on Thursday.
"During wee hours of Wednesday, BSF came to know of an intrusion by Pakistani fishing boats near Sir Creek, but as our patrolling boats approached the site intruders fled away in the sea leaving the boats," BSF officials told reporters.
Two boats in which suspects had crossed International Maritime Boundary towards India have been seized, and brought to Koteshwar in Bhuj, they said.
Further investigations in this regard are being carried out by police.
Both India and Pakistan are engaged in a political battle over this area, which may be rich in oil and gas, and the brackish water which makes for good fishing ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh