Two Pak fishing trawlers seized by BSF
Kutch: Two Pakistani fishing trawlers entering Indian waters through `disputed` Sir Creek have been seized by the Border Security Force (BSF), officials said on Thursday.
"During wee hours of Wednesday, BSF came to know of an intrusion by Pakistani fishing boats near Sir Creek, but as our patrolling boats approached the site intruders fled away in the sea leaving the boats," BSF officials told reporters.
Two boats in which suspects had crossed International Maritime Boundary towards India have been seized, and brought to Koteshwar in Bhuj, they said.
Further investigations in this regard are being carried out by police.
Both India and Pakistan are engaged in a political battle over this area, which may be rich in oil and gas, and the brackish water which makes for good fishing ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- IBPS clerk V mains exams results to be uploaded on official website soon; notification out
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy