Two Pak fishing trawlers seized by BSF
Kutch: Two Pakistani fishing trawlers entering Indian waters through `disputed` Sir Creek have been seized by the Border Security Force (BSF), officials said on Thursday.
"During wee hours of Wednesday, BSF came to know of an intrusion by Pakistani fishing boats near Sir Creek, but as our patrolling boats approached the site intruders fled away in the sea leaving the boats," BSF officials told reporters.
Two boats in which suspects had crossed International Maritime Boundary towards India have been seized, and brought to Koteshwar in Bhuj, they said.
Further investigations in this regard are being carried out by police.
Both India and Pakistan are engaged in a political battle over this area, which may be rich in oil and gas, and the brackish water which makes for good fishing ground.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed