Two Pak fishing trawlers seized by BSF
Kutch: Two Pakistani fishing trawlers entering Indian waters through `disputed` Sir Creek have been seized by the Border Security Force (BSF), officials said on Thursday.
"During wee hours of Wednesday, BSF came to know of an intrusion by Pakistani fishing boats near Sir Creek, but as our patrolling boats approached the site intruders fled away in the sea leaving the boats," BSF officials told reporters.
Two boats in which suspects had crossed International Maritime Boundary towards India have been seized, and brought to Koteshwar in Bhuj, they said.
Further investigations in this regard are being carried out by police.
Both India and Pakistan are engaged in a political battle over this area, which may be rich in oil and gas, and the brackish water which makes for good fishing ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what