Two Saudi citizens held for visa rule violation
Kollam (Ker): Two Saudi Arabian citizens have been arrested from Ayoor near here on charge of visa rule violations.
According to police, the Abdul Mohaseen Abdul Jaleel (49) and Abdul Abdulla Khadar Suleiman (52) were arrested for allegedly attending the inaugural of the campus mosque of an educational a charity trust at Kulathoopuzha in the district on last Sunday.
Police said since they had come to the country on a tourist visa they were not supposed to participate in functions like this, unless they had special permission from the Union Government.
The organisers of the trust had been informed of this position in advance so as to avoid visa rules breach and embarrassment to the foreigners. However, this request was not complied with by the organisers or the foreigners, police sources said.
They would be produced before a local court this afternoon on charge of breach of visa conditions, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog