Two Saudi citizens held for visa rule violation
Kollam (Ker): Two Saudi Arabian citizens have been arrested from Ayoor near here on charge of visa rule violations.
According to police, the Abdul Mohaseen Abdul Jaleel (49) and Abdul Abdulla Khadar Suleiman (52) were arrested for allegedly attending the inaugural of the campus mosque of an educational a charity trust at Kulathoopuzha in the district on last Sunday.
Police said since they had come to the country on a tourist visa they were not supposed to participate in functions like this, unless they had special permission from the Union Government.
The organisers of the trust had been informed of this position in advance so as to avoid visa rules breach and embarrassment to the foreigners. However, this request was not complied with by the organisers or the foreigners, police sources said.
They would be produced before a local court this afternoon on charge of breach of visa conditions, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16