Two Saudi citizens held for visa rule violation
Kollam (Ker): Two Saudi Arabian citizens have been arrested from Ayoor near here on charge of visa rule violations.
According to police, the Abdul Mohaseen Abdul Jaleel (49) and Abdul Abdulla Khadar Suleiman (52) were arrested for allegedly attending the inaugural of the campus mosque of an educational a charity trust at Kulathoopuzha in the district on last Sunday.
Police said since they had come to the country on a tourist visa they were not supposed to participate in functions like this, unless they had special permission from the Union Government.
The organisers of the trust had been informed of this position in advance so as to avoid visa rules breach and embarrassment to the foreigners. However, this request was not complied with by the organisers or the foreigners, police sources said.
They would be produced before a local court this afternoon on charge of breach of visa conditions, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview