Two senior Air India officers suspended
New Delhi: Two senior officers of Air India have been suspended following instructions from Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on grounds of fudging of records and dereliction of duty.
While Capt RS Dhillon, General Manager (Operations) and in-charge Training, was suspended fudging simulator training records, Capt HY Samant, General Manager (Operations), was suspended and removed from his post for failing to put a crew in place for a Mumbai-Singapore flight that was cancelled last night, an official spokesperson said.
Samant was suspended for "gross dereliction of duty" after the flight (AI-330), scheduled at midnight, was cancelled because of non-availability of crew, led by Dhillon.
A preliminary probe found that Samant knew about Dhillon`s suspension and the non-availability of the crew but did not make any alternative arrangement, resulting in the cancellation of the flight and putting 220 passengers at great inconvenience, the spokesperson said.
The minister asked Air India to conduct an inquiry and take disciplinary action against Samant and others responsible for the lapse.
Dhillon was suspended after an investigation into a complaint about alleged irregularities in the conduct of Simulator Sessions at Airbus A-330 Jet Airways Simulator.
The alleged misconduct of Dhillon was brought to the notice of the minister, who directed Air India`s Vigilance Department to investigate.
The spokesperson said the probe established that Dhillon had "not conducted full eight hours of simulator training. In fact, he has conducted less than 4 hours of training".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference