Two sexual harassment complaints recd by HRD Ministry: Irani
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry on Wednesday said it has received two complaints of alleged sexual harassment including one against the chairman of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
HRD Minister Smriti Irani informed the Lok Sabha that the complaints committee of the Ministry was looking into the complaint against NIOS chairman filed by a former joint director of the organisation.
Another complaint was filed by a associate professor of Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidhyapeetha here against the institute`s registrar.
The complaints committee of the ministry had issued showcause notice to the registrar on March 27 this year to submit the response within 10 days, Irani said in a written reply.
"The registrar had filed writ petition in Delhi High Court and the court had directed on July 3 this year to the respondents not to take any further action in the matter against the petitioner," she said.
She said apart from her Ministry, each autonomous institutions is having a complaints committee to look into the issue of sexual harassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?