Two suspicious bank accounts frozen for terror links: FinMin
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said two
suspicious bank accounts were frozen as the details of
beneficiaries resembled that of terrorists listed by the
"As reported by RBI, two bank accounts have been frozen
under the provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention)
Act, 1967," Minister of State for Finance Namo Narain Meena
told the Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
The government, however, did not provide details of
persons or outfits whose bank accounts were frozen for
suspected terror links.
The decision to freeze the bank accounts follows the
inputs received by the Financial Intelligence Unit-India
(FIU-IND) about certain suspicious reports, he said, adding
"certain details (of accounts matches with those) of
terrorists whose names are appearing in UN Consolidated lists
and other lists".
Although the matches were partial or incomplete, Meena
said, "enhanced due diligence was conducted by FIU-IND and
thereafter information was disseminated in appropriate case to
relevant law enforcement intelligence agencies."
The available inputs with the government, the Minister
further said, indicate the use of banking channels by
terrorist, terrorist outfits in India to receive funds from
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!