Two TDP MPs suspended from Rajya Sabha for second day
New Delhi: Two TDP members from Andhra Pradesh were suspended from Rajya Sabha for the second day on Tuesday for continuously disrupting the House on Telangna issue.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien suspended C M Ramesh and Y R Chowdhary for the day under Rule 255. The two TDP MPs were suspended from House for a day yesterday also on same ground.
The rule states that "the Chairman may direct any member whose conduct is in his opinion grossly disorderly to withdraw immediately from the Council and any member so ordered to withdraw shall do so forthwith and shall absent himself during the remainder of the day`s meeting."
Members from AIADMK, BJP, CPI, CPI-M and Trinamool Congress registered their protest to the action by saying a loud "no", when Kurien read out rule and took the action.
The action came after Ramesh and Chowdhary trooped into the Well holding placards as part of their continuous protests since the Monsoon Session began on August 5.
In the meanwhile the two TDP members kept telling the Chair that the matter they were raising concerns the life of people in Andhra Pradesh and that something should be done.
Kurien repeatedly asked the members to withdraw from the House, saying, "I will be forced again to take action against you. Please don`t make me do the unpleasant job. You are my friend....I request you to go back to your seats. If you do not go back, I am invoking Rule 255."
However, as his repeated appeal to them to go back to their seats and allow functioning of the House went in vain, Kurien suspended them invoking the Rule 255 and adjourned the House for 15 minutes telling them "your conduct has been grossly disorderly".
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla walked up to the seat of Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitely and was seen having discussion with him.
Ramesh sat on the floor for a while after the House was adjourned but went back after members from other parties including Congress talked to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof