Two top Hizbul militants killed in Kashmir encounter
Srinagar: Two top Hizbul Mujahideen
militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in
Kulgam district of South Kashmir on Monday morning.
On a tip-off that the two militants were hiding in a
house at Qaimoh, 70 kms from here, police assisted by security
forces cordoned the village in the wee hours.
As the joint search party came near the house, the
militants hiding there opened indiscriminate fire prompting
the police to retaliate and in the ensuing gunbattle the two
militants were killed, Superintendent of Police, Kulgam,
Keshav Ram said.
The militants were identified as Ashraf Maulvi and
Raouf Ahmad Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse
- Sub-Rs 10,000 smartphone segment in India to grow 44% in 2016: CMR
- Clarity on Brexit, monsoon to steer markets