Two top Hizbul militants killed in Kashmir encounter
Srinagar: Two top Hizbul Mujahideen
militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in
Kulgam district of South Kashmir on Monday morning.
On a tip-off that the two militants were hiding in a
house at Qaimoh, 70 kms from here, police assisted by security
forces cordoned the village in the wee hours.
As the joint search party came near the house, the
militants hiding there opened indiscriminate fire prompting
the police to retaliate and in the ensuing gunbattle the two
militants were killed, Superintendent of Police, Kulgam,
Keshav Ram said.
The militants were identified as Ashraf Maulvi and
Raouf Ahmad Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB