Two websites booked for publishing false news against Rahul
New Delhi: The CBI has registered cases
against two websites which allegedly published malicious news
items against Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and recovered some
incriminating documents and hard disk during its searches at
the premises of a former SP MLA from Madhya Pradesh.
The CBI has booked cases against owners of two web sites
www.indybay.org and www.arisona.indymedia.org for filing
malicious Writ Petition on oath against a Member of Parliament
referring contents of the certain websites on the directions
of Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court.
After the orders of Allahabad High Court, the agency had
registered a case against Kishore Samrite, the former MLA, for
filing "malicious affidavit under oath" and carried out
searches at his residential premises in connection with
allegations levelled by him against Rahul.
"During searches, some documents and other materials
including hard disc etc. have been seized," the spokesperson
said here today.
The CBI teams have also searched the residential
premises of Samrite in Bhopal and Balaghat in Madhya Pradesh,
official sources said.
The Allahabad High Court, on March 7, had slapped a
penalty of Rs 50 lakh on the former SP MLA, who alleged that
Rahul Gandhi had kept in captivity a 22-year-old girl and her
parents, which later turned out to be false.
The Lucknow bench of the High Court had ordered a CBI
probe against Samrite while dismissing his habeas corpus
petition against the AICC general secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark