Two websites booked for publishing false news against Rahul
New Delhi: The CBI has registered cases
against two websites which allegedly published malicious news
items against Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and recovered some
incriminating documents and hard disk during its searches at
the premises of a former SP MLA from Madhya Pradesh.
The CBI has booked cases against owners of two web sites
www.indybay.org and www.arisona.indymedia.org for filing
malicious Writ Petition on oath against a Member of Parliament
referring contents of the certain websites on the directions
of Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court.
After the orders of Allahabad High Court, the agency had
registered a case against Kishore Samrite, the former MLA, for
filing "malicious affidavit under oath" and carried out
searches at his residential premises in connection with
allegations levelled by him against Rahul.
"During searches, some documents and other materials
including hard disc etc. have been seized," the spokesperson
said here today.
The CBI teams have also searched the residential
premises of Samrite in Bhopal and Balaghat in Madhya Pradesh,
official sources said.
The Allahabad High Court, on March 7, had slapped a
penalty of Rs 50 lakh on the former SP MLA, who alleged that
Rahul Gandhi had kept in captivity a 22-year-old girl and her
parents, which later turned out to be false.
The Lucknow bench of the High Court had ordered a CBI
probe against Samrite while dismissing his habeas corpus
petition against the AICC general secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?