UAE: 17 Indians sentenced to death for killing Pak man
Dubai: Seventeen Indians have been sentenced
to death by Sharjah`s Shariah Court for killing a Pakistani
man and injuring three others in a vicious attack last year.
Judge Yousuf Al Hamadi sentenced the 17 men to death
after all evidence, including DNA tests, showed they had
knifed the Pakistani to death, Khaleej Times reported Monday.
The victim had died of his wounds after he was stabbed
repeatedly on various parts of his body and had also suffered
brain damage, police said.
The attack in January last year followed a fight over the
control of the illegal liquor business in Al Sajaa area of
Sharjah, one of the emirates of UAE, the paper said.
The police had said the suspects had attempted to kill
three other compatriots of the victim, but they managed to
escape and were rushed to Kuwaiti Hospital for treatment.
The convicted men are aged between 17 and 30 years.
According to the three Pakistanis who survived, 50 people
set upon them with knives on that fateful day last year.
Police had rushed to the area and arrested the 17, who
had allegedly led the attack. The others were let off due to
lack of evidence.
During court hearings, all the suspects confessed they
had fought with and murdered the victim. Forensics reports and
DNA tests also proved their role in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!