UAVs being used in Naxal-affected areas: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said it has
begun using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in Naxal-affected
areas of the country.
"Yes, madam," Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh
told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.
The minister, however, said, "It is too early to make
an assessment on the effectiveness of unmanned aerial vehicles
deployed in Left-wing extremism-affected areas."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report