UAVs being used in Naxal-affected areas: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said it has
begun using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in Naxal-affected
areas of the country.
"Yes, madam," Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh
told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.
The minister, however, said, "It is too early to make
an assessment on the effectiveness of unmanned aerial vehicles
deployed in Left-wing extremism-affected areas."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound