Uddhav Thackeray calls meeting of Sena leaders over polls
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Uddhav Thackeray, Shiv Sena chief has called a meeting of his party office-bearers and Lok Sabha candidates here today.
This meeting will be held following MNS president Raj Thackeray`s decision to contest the polls. As per the party officials, the Sena leader is expected to discuss the poll strategy with his party leaders.
The meeting will be held at Shiv Sena Bhawan Party and all the district presidents, officer-bearers and all senior leaders have been asked to attend it.
Uddhav is also expected to speak on the recent political developments, including the meeting between BJP chief Nitin Gadkari and Raj Thackeray, which has led to tension between the two-decade old alliance partners.
"We will contest the Lok Sabha elections. I will show my party`s strength during the elections. We will support Narendra Modi for the PM`s post. Modi should become the Prime Minister of the country," Raj had said while addressing his party workers.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city