Uddhav Thackeray calls meeting of Sena leaders over polls
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Uddhav Thackeray, Shiv Sena chief has called a meeting of his party office-bearers and Lok Sabha candidates here today.
This meeting will be held following MNS president Raj Thackeray`s decision to contest the polls. As per the party officials, the Sena leader is expected to discuss the poll strategy with his party leaders.
The meeting will be held at Shiv Sena Bhawan Party and all the district presidents, officer-bearers and all senior leaders have been asked to attend it.
Uddhav is also expected to speak on the recent political developments, including the meeting between BJP chief Nitin Gadkari and Raj Thackeray, which has led to tension between the two-decade old alliance partners.
"We will contest the Lok Sabha elections. I will show my party`s strength during the elections. We will support Narendra Modi for the PM`s post. Modi should become the Prime Minister of the country," Raj had said while addressing his party workers.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured