Uddhav Thackeray takes dig at PM, says show aggression against Pak, China
Nagpur: Taking a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over his aggressive stance in Rajya Sabha ON Friday, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Saturday said the prime minister never showed such resolve when troops of Pakistan and China repeatedly infiltrated into Indian territory.
"Instead of showing aggression to opposition leaders; I wonder why prime minister Manmohan Singh does not show similar aggression to Pakistan or China who repeatedly infiltrate into Indian soil," Uddhav said at Ramtek near here.
The Prime Minister and the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley yesterday exchanged sharp words, with Singh attacking the Opposition for disruptions in Parliament.
Meanwhile, Uddhav dismissed reports that his party was ready to cede Ramtek Lok Sabha seat to its alliance partners-- BJP and RPI (Athavale) in 2014 elections.
Shiv Sena and these two parties had come together ahead of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections last year under the banner of `Maha Yuti` (grand alliance).
Uddhav was addressing party workers at the temple town of Ramtek, 40 kms from here.
Ramtek seat, reserved for Scheduled Caste, is currently represented by senior Congress leader and former union minister Mukul Wasnik.
While RPI (A), led by Ramdas Athavale, had staked claims for the seat which falls in Vidarbha region, BJP wanted Shiv Sena to swap the constituency along with South-Central Mumbai, Kalyan and Latur seats, even though seat-sharing talks for forthcoming elections are yet to be finalised.
Lashing out at protagonists of separate Vidarbha, Uddhav said leaders from the region have done nothing for its development and misleading people by raising the separate statehood demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands