Uddhav Thackeray takes dig at PM, says show aggression against Pak, China
Nagpur: Taking a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over his aggressive stance in Rajya Sabha ON Friday, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Saturday said the prime minister never showed such resolve when troops of Pakistan and China repeatedly infiltrated into Indian territory.
"Instead of showing aggression to opposition leaders; I wonder why prime minister Manmohan Singh does not show similar aggression to Pakistan or China who repeatedly infiltrate into Indian soil," Uddhav said at Ramtek near here.
The Prime Minister and the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley yesterday exchanged sharp words, with Singh attacking the Opposition for disruptions in Parliament.
Meanwhile, Uddhav dismissed reports that his party was ready to cede Ramtek Lok Sabha seat to its alliance partners-- BJP and RPI (Athavale) in 2014 elections.
Shiv Sena and these two parties had come together ahead of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections last year under the banner of `Maha Yuti` (grand alliance).
Uddhav was addressing party workers at the temple town of Ramtek, 40 kms from here.
Ramtek seat, reserved for Scheduled Caste, is currently represented by senior Congress leader and former union minister Mukul Wasnik.
While RPI (A), led by Ramdas Athavale, had staked claims for the seat which falls in Vidarbha region, BJP wanted Shiv Sena to swap the constituency along with South-Central Mumbai, Kalyan and Latur seats, even though seat-sharing talks for forthcoming elections are yet to be finalised.
Lashing out at protagonists of separate Vidarbha, Uddhav said leaders from the region have done nothing for its development and misleading people by raising the separate statehood demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days