Uddhav Thackeray takes dig at PM, says show aggression against Pak, China
Nagpur: Taking a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over his aggressive stance in Rajya Sabha ON Friday, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Saturday said the prime minister never showed such resolve when troops of Pakistan and China repeatedly infiltrated into Indian territory.
"Instead of showing aggression to opposition leaders; I wonder why prime minister Manmohan Singh does not show similar aggression to Pakistan or China who repeatedly infiltrate into Indian soil," Uddhav said at Ramtek near here.
The Prime Minister and the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley yesterday exchanged sharp words, with Singh attacking the Opposition for disruptions in Parliament.
Meanwhile, Uddhav dismissed reports that his party was ready to cede Ramtek Lok Sabha seat to its alliance partners-- BJP and RPI (Athavale) in 2014 elections.
Shiv Sena and these two parties had come together ahead of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections last year under the banner of `Maha Yuti` (grand alliance).
Uddhav was addressing party workers at the temple town of Ramtek, 40 kms from here.
Ramtek seat, reserved for Scheduled Caste, is currently represented by senior Congress leader and former union minister Mukul Wasnik.
While RPI (A), led by Ramdas Athavale, had staked claims for the seat which falls in Vidarbha region, BJP wanted Shiv Sena to swap the constituency along with South-Central Mumbai, Kalyan and Latur seats, even though seat-sharing talks for forthcoming elections are yet to be finalised.
Lashing out at protagonists of separate Vidarbha, Uddhav said leaders from the region have done nothing for its development and misleading people by raising the separate statehood demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly