Udit Raj ready with Bahujan Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj, who is
campaigning against Team Anna`s version of Lokpal bill, on Tuesday demanded that corporates, NGOs and media are brought under the
anti-corruption ombudsman to make the law "more effective".
"If there is no representation of plurality, I don`t
think this law will be successful," the National Chairman of
All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations said.
He said he along with other activists will give their own
version – the `Bahujan Lokpal Bill` -- to the Standing
Committee on September 24.
The Bahujan Lokpal Bill claims to have taken up issues
that are not mentioned in the existing three drafts --
government draft, Jan Lokpal bill and Aruna Roy`s bill, he
Raj said their drafting group consists of 16 core members
including representatives from Muslims, Christians, Dalits,
other backward classes(OBC) and progressive Brahmans.
"Anna Team has given the impression that the backward,
dalits and minorities are ignored and their civil society,
indeed, does not represent them. These sections are
apprehensive that if they are not given representation in the
Lokpal committee, their victimisation is sure," he said.
The group alleged that corporate houses "are dens of
corruption" and should also be brought under the ambit of
Lokpal, if corruption is to be fought seriously.
NGOs and Media should also not be left out, Raj added.
Disagreeing with Arwind Kejriwal`s view on excluding
NGOs from Lokpal Bill because there are separate laws
to govern them, Raj said that there are similar laws for
politicians and judiciary too.
He said they would protest if corporates and NGOs are not
brought into Lokpal`s ambit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees