Udit Raj ready with Bahujan Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj, who is
campaigning against Team Anna`s version of Lokpal bill, on Tuesday demanded that corporates, NGOs and media are brought under the
anti-corruption ombudsman to make the law "more effective".
"If there is no representation of plurality, I don`t
think this law will be successful," the National Chairman of
All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations said.
He said he along with other activists will give their own
version – the `Bahujan Lokpal Bill` -- to the Standing
Committee on September 24.
The Bahujan Lokpal Bill claims to have taken up issues
that are not mentioned in the existing three drafts --
government draft, Jan Lokpal bill and Aruna Roy`s bill, he
Raj said their drafting group consists of 16 core members
including representatives from Muslims, Christians, Dalits,
other backward classes(OBC) and progressive Brahmans.
"Anna Team has given the impression that the backward,
dalits and minorities are ignored and their civil society,
indeed, does not represent them. These sections are
apprehensive that if they are not given representation in the
Lokpal committee, their victimisation is sure," he said.
The group alleged that corporate houses "are dens of
corruption" and should also be brought under the ambit of
Lokpal, if corruption is to be fought seriously.
NGOs and Media should also not be left out, Raj added.
Disagreeing with Arwind Kejriwal`s view on excluding
NGOs from Lokpal Bill because there are separate laws
to govern them, Raj said that there are similar laws for
politicians and judiciary too.
He said they would protest if corporates and NGOs are not
brought into Lokpal`s ambit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India