UFOs flying over Indo-China border?
New Delhi: No "conclusive proof" about Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) flying from the Chinese side into Ladakh region is available with troopers, the government said Wednesday.
"There is no conclusive proof of UFOs flying over the India-China border. China disputes the international boundary between India and China," Defence Minister AK Antony said in a written reply to Rajya Sabha.
He was asked whether Indian Army troops guarding the Indo-China border have reported sightings of UFOs in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region.
On the disputes over international boundary between India and China, Antony said, "There is no commonly delineated `Line of Actual Control` (LAC) between the two countries. Both sides patrol up to their respective perceptions of LAC. However, Chinese patrolling up to their perception of LAC are treated as transgressions."
Such transgressions are taken up with Chinese side through established mechanisms such as hot lines, flag meetings, border personnel meetings and the newly established Working Mechanism on Consultation and Coordination on India-China border affairs, he added.
The Minister also said effective border management is carried out through surveillance and regular patrolling along the border areas.
Replying to a separate query on state roads which were taken over by Border Roads Organisation for development, Antony said, "107 state roads and 11 National Highways with a total length of 6,255.31 kms are entrusted to BRO for construction, strengthening and widening in North Eastern states including Assam."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof