UGC mulls reward scheme for university, college teachers
New Delhi: The UGC is mulling a reward
scheme for university and college teachers on the lines of the
Performance Related Incentive Scheme (PRIS) being worked out
for IIT and IIM faculty to encourage better performance.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) Tuesday started a
two-day workshop on `Human Resource Management Techniques in
Indian Universities` to discuss and evolve a strategy on how
the institutions will be able to retain their faculty and
attract best talents.
"The conference will give a broad view on the HR
management in our universities and if any review required to
personnel policy and manpower planning. The vice chancellors
will discuss and evolve a rational reward policy to encourage
teachers who are doing exceptionally well at individual and
institution level," UGC Secretary RK Chouhan said.
The reward scheme will take into consideration the
parameters of teaching and research and set standards in these
areas. The scheme will consider whether the teachers need to
get certain percentage of their basic salary as incentive.
At present, scientists at national level institutes,
including ISRO, are getting PRIS under which they get upto 50
per cent of their basic salary as incentives.
The HRD Ministry has announced that it would start
similar scheme for the faculty of IITs, IIMs and NITs. The IIT
directors are working on such a policy now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate