UGC mulls reward scheme for university, college teachers
New Delhi: The UGC is mulling a reward
scheme for university and college teachers on the lines of the
Performance Related Incentive Scheme (PRIS) being worked out
for IIT and IIM faculty to encourage better performance.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) Tuesday started a
two-day workshop on `Human Resource Management Techniques in
Indian Universities` to discuss and evolve a strategy on how
the institutions will be able to retain their faculty and
attract best talents.
"The conference will give a broad view on the HR
management in our universities and if any review required to
personnel policy and manpower planning. The vice chancellors
will discuss and evolve a rational reward policy to encourage
teachers who are doing exceptionally well at individual and
institution level," UGC Secretary RK Chouhan said.
The reward scheme will take into consideration the
parameters of teaching and research and set standards in these
areas. The scheme will consider whether the teachers need to
get certain percentage of their basic salary as incentive.
At present, scientists at national level institutes,
including ISRO, are getting PRIS under which they get upto 50
per cent of their basic salary as incentives.
The HRD Ministry has announced that it would start
similar scheme for the faculty of IITs, IIMs and NITs. The IIT
directors are working on such a policy now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder