UGC mulls reward scheme for university, college teachers
New Delhi: The UGC is mulling a reward
scheme for university and college teachers on the lines of the
Performance Related Incentive Scheme (PRIS) being worked out
for IIT and IIM faculty to encourage better performance.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) Tuesday started a
two-day workshop on `Human Resource Management Techniques in
Indian Universities` to discuss and evolve a strategy on how
the institutions will be able to retain their faculty and
attract best talents.
"The conference will give a broad view on the HR
management in our universities and if any review required to
personnel policy and manpower planning. The vice chancellors
will discuss and evolve a rational reward policy to encourage
teachers who are doing exceptionally well at individual and
institution level," UGC Secretary RK Chouhan said.
The reward scheme will take into consideration the
parameters of teaching and research and set standards in these
areas. The scheme will consider whether the teachers need to
get certain percentage of their basic salary as incentive.
At present, scientists at national level institutes,
including ISRO, are getting PRIS under which they get upto 50
per cent of their basic salary as incentives.
The HRD Ministry has announced that it would start
similar scheme for the faculty of IITs, IIMs and NITs. The IIT
directors are working on such a policy now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth