UGC sets up panel for single law for universities
New Delhi: The UGC has set up a three-member committee to evolve a principle for drafting a single legislation governing all central universities keeping the uniqueness and diversity of every institute intact.
The committee has been asked to submit the draft Bill within two months which would then be put up before the Vice Chancellors` meet for further consultation and determining the course of action.
Vice Chancellor of Central University of Karnataka A M Pathan would be the convenor while former Vice Chancellor of Banaras Hindu University Y C Simhadri and former Secretary (legislative department) in Ministry of Law and Justice V K Bhasin would be the members of the committee.
A single Act for all the universities replacing the multiple ones regulating various central universities like Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University was suggested by a committee set up in 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended