UGC sets up panel for single law for universities
New Delhi: The UGC has set up a three-member committee to evolve a principle for drafting a single legislation governing all central universities keeping the uniqueness and diversity of every institute intact.
The committee has been asked to submit the draft Bill within two months which would then be put up before the Vice Chancellors` meet for further consultation and determining the course of action.
Vice Chancellor of Central University of Karnataka A M Pathan would be the convenor while former Vice Chancellor of Banaras Hindu University Y C Simhadri and former Secretary (legislative department) in Ministry of Law and Justice V K Bhasin would be the members of the committee.
A single Act for all the universities replacing the multiple ones regulating various central universities like Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University was suggested by a committee set up in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'