UGC sets up panel for single law for universities
New Delhi: The UGC has set up a three-member committee to evolve a principle for drafting a single legislation governing all central universities keeping the uniqueness and diversity of every institute intact.
The committee has been asked to submit the draft Bill within two months which would then be put up before the Vice Chancellors` meet for further consultation and determining the course of action.
Vice Chancellor of Central University of Karnataka A M Pathan would be the convenor while former Vice Chancellor of Banaras Hindu University Y C Simhadri and former Secretary (legislative department) in Ministry of Law and Justice V K Bhasin would be the members of the committee.
A single Act for all the universities replacing the multiple ones regulating various central universities like Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University was suggested by a committee set up in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation