UIADI launches micro ATM for daily wagers
Ranchi: The Unique Identification
Authority of India (UIADI) has launched a micro ATM device
that would enable beneficiaries like MG-NREGA workers with
Aadhaar to withdraw money near their doors through core
"The beneficiary has to put his finger and Aadhaar
number in to the micro ATM wireless device and get the money
within 8 to 9 seconds from a business correspondent after
verification about the beneficiary having that much amount
deposited in the bank account shown through a receipt by the
device," UIADI Director General R S Sharma said in Ranchi on Friday.
With the device not carrying any money unlike the
regular bank ATMs, the beneficiary would get the withdrawn
amount from the business correspondent on the spot.
"The (about a foot-long) device functions through any
SIM and wherever there is a mobile tower. The device will be
with a bank-appointed business correspondent," he said.
The beneficiaries could choose their business
correspondence to approach, he said adding the method would
root out any role by middlemen.
Besides the MG-NREGA workers, other beneficiaries
under old-age pension, scholarship or any other welfare
schemes could also benefit from the device.
Praising Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s
keenness to cover the entire state under the new system,
Sharma said Munda had told him that the state government would
like to link all its socials security funds through the new
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan