UIADI launches micro ATM for daily wagers
Ranchi: The Unique Identification
Authority of India (UIADI) has launched a micro ATM device
that would enable beneficiaries like MG-NREGA workers with
Aadhaar to withdraw money near their doors through core
"The beneficiary has to put his finger and Aadhaar
number in to the micro ATM wireless device and get the money
within 8 to 9 seconds from a business correspondent after
verification about the beneficiary having that much amount
deposited in the bank account shown through a receipt by the
device," UIADI Director General R S Sharma said in Ranchi on Friday.
With the device not carrying any money unlike the
regular bank ATMs, the beneficiary would get the withdrawn
amount from the business correspondent on the spot.
"The (about a foot-long) device functions through any
SIM and wherever there is a mobile tower. The device will be
with a bank-appointed business correspondent," he said.
The beneficiaries could choose their business
correspondence to approach, he said adding the method would
root out any role by middlemen.
Besides the MG-NREGA workers, other beneficiaries
under old-age pension, scholarship or any other welfare
schemes could also benefit from the device.
Praising Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s
keenness to cover the entire state under the new system,
Sharma said Munda had told him that the state government would
like to link all its socials security funds through the new
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling